We are the Ghana Immigration Service (GIS) under the Ministry of the Interior of the Republic of Ghana.
To build an Immigration Service that facilitates travel, promotes the development needs of Ghana which is recognized internationally for its professionalism and high standards of service and control.
To build a strong and better Ghana by operating fair but firm immigration controls that regulate and facilitate the movement of people through Ghana’s borders and efficient, effective Residence and Work permit systems that meet the social and economic needs of the country.
• Examination and authorization of application for visas, entry and residence permits.
• Control of foreign nationals in Ghana, their employment and movement
•Facilitation of Ghanaian passport application processing
• Border control and management
• Refugee registration, protection and management
• Facilitation of the implementation of Citizenship Act, Act 591 of 2000
WE ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
• Regulating the movement of people into and out of the country
• Regulating and monitoring the activities of foreigners in Ghana
• Enforcing and ensuring immigration permits to foreigners
• Issuing requisite immigration permits to foreigners
• Arresting and prosecuting breaches of Immigration laws
• Removing illegal immigrant from Ghana
• Facilitating the processing of Ghanaian passport applications
• Facilitating the processing of Ghanaian passport application
• Facilitating the implementation of Dual Citizenship Act 591 of 2000
•Co-operating with other security agencies for national security
• Patrolling the country's borders
• Facilitating trade and tourism
© 2014 Copyright GIS All Rights Reserved | Designed by GIS/MIS & Hosted by Beltway Technologies (GH) LTD